Graduating season

Xavier Harris, Web Editor

It’s that time of the year again. No, it’s not Christmas or “cuffing season,” but it is time to bid farewell to those a part of senior class of 2012.

As a junior, I’ve only seen a pair of senior classes pass through the hallways of North. I feel as if this year will be different. Some seniors I have known since the awkward days of Cross Keys; a few I’ve met through the course of my three years at North. Nevertheless, it’s always sad to see a familiar face go.

As the days of high school begin to dwindle, seniors need to remember to cherish their time here, and set an example for the underclassmen. Especially for juniors, like my self, who will be next year’s seniors. Show them what it means to be upperclassmen and realize that all eyes are on you these next couple of weeks.

Seniors also need to appreciate their time here with their fellow classmates, for it may be the last time they may see each other. All of the grudges and animosity held on to since freshmen year should vanish and be replaced with laughter and joy.

Most importantly, seniors need to realize that graduating isn’t the end of the journey, but only the beginning of the rest of their lives. They need to stay focus on their grades, not only for the remainder of high school, but also for the next four years in a university.

Regardless if they’re going off to school, they should be proud that they were able to make it this far. And this is only a testament to their determination and perseverance that can be used for a lifetime.

No matter where life may take you, always cherish the memories; because in the end that’s all you have are memories.