Mural mural on the wall

Timothy Sutton, Staff Reporter

Senior Cameron Strickland was selected out of the countless artistically inclined student to paint the mural for the foreign language area, that’s outside the classes, as an attempt to incorporate all the foreign exchange kids and the languages that we learn.

The mural will add a vibrant touch to the dim and plain white area that lacks even posters.

“It is going to be a great improvement to the area as a whole,” said Ms. Price, who is one of the four Spanish teachers.

Although not much can be told about what the finished product will look like, we will be amazed.

“1I can’t tell you what it will exactly look like, but I can tell you it will surprise you,” said Strickland.

Strickland says the geographical features the cultures of the people who speak the languages in his mural but he also intends on incorporating as many as cultures he can into it.

The paint itself can be expensive because just to start up it cost about $70. The mural will also only be on about a 160 square foot surface, which would be the biggest thing he’s ever painted.

“This is by far the biggest thing I’ve ever painted,” said Strickland about his large mural.

The amazing part about this story is that Strickland is doing this all by himself, which is why it will take until about February to be completed. It’s also not detailed if he will get paid or not for his painting.

All of the teachers are looking forward to how it will look once it is finished.

“I’m excited and looking forward to the final product,” said Ms. Torres, the foreign language department director.