Steps for a healthy victory

Daniel Brown, Staff Reporter

By Daniel Brown

Staff Reporter

IMG_4492 copyWhen you have a goal that you absolutely want to accomplish in life, you would typically do everything in your power to meet it. Whether they’re dreams of being healthier or more active, they are what drive us as students to succeed and be the best we can be.

What senior Donnie Sullivan aspires to become when he graduates is to be on the Seal Team in the United States Navy and also hopes to become the president of the United States.

“The killing of Bin Laden really jump-started my interest in the Navy,” Donnie said. “Looking at Seal Team 6, they were the best of the best; I want to be among the greatest in my term.”

With this goal in mind, he is putting forth his maximum effort to maintain his physical health so his acceptance into the armed forces can be almost guaranteed. His determination expands beyond what’s normally expected of student athletes; with a strict food and drink guideline, his hard work helped him become more self-disciplined and ready for active service.

“For breakfast, I make sure I eat exactly two scoops of protein with 45 grams of oatmeal,” Donnie said. “Also for lunch, I am sure to bring 6 oz. of grilled chicken with the brown rice I eat.”

Other students he interacts with notice Donnie’s odd choice of food, which is a great opportunity for him to explain his unique healthy routine. Students from the cafeteria to in his 6th hour Prostart I class wonder and ask him about his rare lifestyle. He enjoys having the chance to inform his friends and even teachers about his journey. Along with eating a stellar choice diet, he adds the icing on the cake with his rigorous workout programs. Where there is lifting equipment, he’s sure to tone, build and maintain his impressive form of health.

“Donnie is dedicated to eating extremely well and drinking lots of water,” Ms. Benney said. “He sometimes tells me how his workouts are going. As far as with the other students in my class, Donnie’s pretty well known around here for his positive life choices.”

Presently, he is enlisted in the Navy with his parents’ signature and permission if he plans to graduate early to officially start his adventure in the armed forces.

“I want to join the Navy Team for several reasons: I want a mental and physical challenge, and I want to be a part of an elite brotherhood,” Donnie said. “Also, the military pension and benefits are pretty sweet. If I play my cards right I could be a multi-millionaire by the end of my service.”

Sullivan currently qualifies for everything he will be faced with on his path from this point. The physical and mental trials are sure to test his abilities to the limit, but the preparations he’s taken thus far will help him to be the best he can be.