News Briefs

News  Briefs

Mickael Vurro, Staff Reporter

Compiled by Mickael Vurro

Staff Reporter

• Ben Schultz and Marq Williams made all state choir festival.

• Three students were high school finalists for the NCCU Dr. Martin Luther King, JR. Oratory Contest: Nickeitra Curlett, Desiree Dominguez, and Christopher Hurns. The winner was Ms. Curlett.

• 24 Stars attended a job-shadowing event at AT&T, through Junior Achievement. It is a series of mentoring events sponsored by their Aspire Program. The goal is to expose them as many career related possibilities before they graduate.

• Harry Ballard was named second-team all state for football in Class 5.

• McCluer North is administering the ACT exam to all juniors on April 23rd. The test is now a requirement for all junior level students, it is free, and is an official ACT score.

• Coach Urban was named Suburban North Coach of the Year. Connor Clasby was named SNC Player of the Year (and second team all-state). First team players were: Tyler Chu, Omar Abdelaziz, Jake Boschert, Matt Graham and Noah Livaudais Second team players were: Allen Irving, Holden Martinez, Efe Osaghae and Pablo Vera-Vallejo.

• Ms. Erica Vickers for being named the latest Staff of the Month.

• The following students were accepted into the UMSL Bridge Program, one that focuses on science, math, and college preparation on Saturdays throughout the year:  Matthew Ayinmodu, Janeice Bellamy, Marcus Benson, Shaquira Blackmen, Brandon Bland, Andrea Collier, Benjamin Cosgrove, Rachel Culberson, Joselin Fields, Ahahi Gamboa, Eric Green, Breiona Harge, Gabrielle Haynes-Levett, Lia Hester, Daria Hicks, Sarisha Hudson, Stephen Hudson, Deja Hughes, Camryn Jones, Mosquevez Jordan, Justin Lightfoot, Kenneth McNair, Dejah McPhearson, Patrick Morehouse, Kristin Norman, Osiris Patterson, Killrya Powell, Bryan Redd, Bria Savory, Allicia Shivers Juanita Stewart, Reginald Taylor, Kayla Thomas, Christopher Thompson, Marissa Tucker, Camron Washington and Rodney Whitney.

• Dr. Harris was named an Outstanding St. Louis Leader by the National Council of Negro Women. The theme for those chosen was Stepping Up and Stepping Out, Making a Difference.